View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: OFFICIAL 4X4 ONLY Reader's Rides Thread

Vehicle- 2003 Ford Ranger Edge+

Owner- Shaun Smith, FL

Tires & Wheels- Stock Wheels, 235/75/15 GY Wrangler RT/S

Suspension- 4x4, but Ford stole my front axle.

Drivetrain- 3.0, 5R55E, 8.8 w/ open 4.10's.

Performance Mods- None, the 3.0 isn't worth any.

Other Doodads- Pioneer head unit, sliding rear window

Does everything work the way you want?- Hell no, it's a 3.0 with a 5R55E. But it does get me from A to B, sometimes barely.

Anything you would change?- 4.0, a front axle, 5 speed, LS, Blue Edge decals, tinted windows, factory 03 buckets with a black center console, "Fx4" 5 spoke wheels, and 265/75/16's.

Funniest Wheeling Incident?- The first time I took it through mud, I broke it. Sucked at the time, but now I laugh about it.

Gettin it done in some dry sugar sand.

And shortly after I broke it.

------------------------------------

Vehicle- 1980 Ford F150 Ranger Lariat

Owner- Shaun Smith, FL

Tires & Wheels- 15" 1994 factory F-Series chrome "sawblade" wheels, 31" Dunlop Radial Rovers

Suspension- Currently has Kingpin IFS and 4 leaf springs, but the front D44 is waiting in the shop, and she will eventually get 5 leafs on each side.

Drivetrain- No engine or trans at the moment, but will be getting a 6.6 400 and C6 in the future. Has a 9" rear axle with a horrible gear ratio.

Performance Mods- Got rid of the California emission laced 300 I6.

Other Doodads- 1982 grille, 1982 door panels and locking mechanisms.

Does everything work the way you want?- Not at the moment due to the lack of an engine.lol.

Anything you would change?- Once I add the 400 and C6, add lower gears, add the D44, and the Trac-Lok in the rear axle, No.

Funniest Wheeling Incident?- In the back of my yard, I have a problem with moles in one particular area. I decided one day to piss them off by digging ruts into the dirt with the truck. Well, I underestimated the size of their holes, and managed to break through into some large hole they dug, burying the right rear of the truck in the ground. Had to jack the truck up and place a large plywood sheet under the wheel just to get it out.lol.

Best pic I have of the truck since she gained a few inches of height from losing her parasitic 300.