Thread: Guns Anyone?
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Guns Anyone?

http://strongsville.patch.com/articl...ot-all-of-them

I'm indifferent on the feelings of being able to carry a weapon. On one hand, I think that criminals have an advantage since they don't follow the law anyway, so upstanding citizens should be able to carry a weapon. On the other hand, I do not believe that we should have to conceal a weapon for the simple reason that most people are not going to start trouble with someone having a gun, and how are we supposed to know who is packing heat or not -- esp. if their weapon is hidden? If I'm in a situation where I do have a weapon, I would like to know who else has a weapon (in case I have to defend myself). Now, here's some other things to consider. First, Ohio passed a law saying that I have the right to carry a weapon (gun), but what benefit do I get if I want to go out with my wife and son to the mall, restaurant, or church and I'm not allowed the right by the establishment to have a weapon? It defeats the purpose of the legislation in the first place. Yes, chances are nothing is going to happen in church, but what if I'm in a mall parking lot or gas station? Oh, I can't have the weapon at the mall, so I'll leave it in my vehicle. I stop for gas, something happens (because my weapon is in my vehicle), so the point is raised again that there are too many uncertains to be worked out, and I don't feel safer by legislation telling me it is O.K. to have a weapon at certain places and not others. Last, the article pointed out that an individual carrying a gun is prohibited from drinking alcohol. Again, I thought that the whole point of the legislation was granting upstanding individuals the right to bear arms provided they meet the guidelines of the law -- no felonies/convictions, properly trained, permit granted, etc. I'm not going to enter a questionable place and let my guard down by drinking, and the establishments I enter are family places, such as Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc., and not your local hole-in-the-wall. I feel that the law is not much different than before because it is very hindering. Any thoughts on this, and for the record, I do not own any weapons.

Last edited by OhioMike; 10-05-2011 at 05:24 PM.