View Single Post

Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Rough idle and double code issues! Please help!

Thanks for the replies. Got an update... Problems were getting worse on the truck daily and was fearing for the worse after the TSB that I read and was even doing shopping for a new engine! My thinking was what would be the point on my engine with 93000 miles on it and rebuilding the top end and keeping the bottom? I mean before long I'd have to tear into the dang thing one day to redo the bottom so might as well get a new one. Anyways while moping around work my boss suggested a GOOD mechanic who he said was FAIR AND HONEST! Sometimes very hard to find both in one! Anyways, took it over and told me it was prob only the coil pack had gone out. And that could cause a lot of wierd things to happen when they go bad. Sure enough! Finally my truck is back to normal!!! Replaced it with a motorcraft coil pack cleared the codes, engine lights off, normal starts and idles and passed inspection all for 219.00 out the door! Thank God for that! Not sure if this would be an answer to everyones problem but if was definitely my problem! I hope this helps!
BTW, Ford told me they would have done the head job, water pump and timing chain for the low price of 5000.00 to fix my problem!! I found new engines online for 2000 w/ a 3yr unlimited mile warranty with free shipping!!! Instead I spent less than 220.00!!
1963 Ford F100 223