View Single Post

Old 10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I am THE Hank Hill.

Send a message via AIM to Jimmeh
Default Re: Thinking about buying this turd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I'm gonna say no, find something else.

If anyone should have a say, it's me, since I own a 7th gen F-Series truck and all.

First off, the 460 was NOT offered in the F150 after 1979. Therefore this truck does not have the original engine. Was the 460 rebuilt before it was swapped in? Chances are, it wasn't. The truck is 28 years old. In 28 years, nearly every wire has aged, and chances are it was butchered by at least one previous owner. And in 28 years, most of the connectors are probably falling apart, and there's also a good chance that some of the ground straps are missing. Your friend fixed the body rust, but is there any frame rust? Shackles? Hangers? TTB bushings? The steering boxes in the older Fords are known for being looser than a main street prostitutes vagina, so can you handle very unresponsive steering if the steering box is original and one of the loose ones?

That should be some food for thought.

Personally, I would suggest looking for something else. In my experience, when you start out calling something a Turd, it's not gonna last too long.
Uh, it's a 1 ton, bud. Not only can you tell from the fender badge, but also from the fact that it's an 8 lug on a solid axle
Way too much done to list and it's also not even close to done

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."