View Single Post

Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
This wasn't today but last Friday well I was backing up out of my parking spot some lady decide to ignore I was pulling out and just blew right through the back of my truck hit me me so hard my radio popped out and my truck didn't want to start and tofinsh it off the cops decided to give me a ticket for improper backing. What the Hell is this.
I'm surprised that you can get a ticket in a private lot. I was in an accident on private property in a plaza, and the police wouldn't even show up. I was told that unless the vehicles aren't driveable or there are injuries that are involved, then the parties have to drive themselves to the police station to file a report. To make matters worse, my insurance company blamed me (even though no citations were issued). The guy I hit was flying through the parking lot and admitted that he was in a hurry to get home (instead of going an extra 500 feet to a light and turning right). I looked both ways pulled-out (not backed out), and as I was finishing my turn he headed straight towards me at a high rate of speed. I was told that since it was a parking lot and there weren't any arrows depicting right-off way (two way traffic was maintained in one lane) that it would be virtually impossible to determine fault. Since I hit him at the driver's side door -- eventhough I insisted that he was in my lane, the insurance company said I was liable. Luckily, it was a long time ago, and I was granted first time accident forgive-ness. I still am bitter about it because the guy admitted cutting through, wasn't wearing a seat belt, and was an a****. Anyway, hope things turn out, but I don't think there is anything you can do being cited unless your insurance company tries to fight hers on a technicality. I was in a parking lot today and going slow (since I was trying to find a spot to park), and an older later in a newer Toyota was driving through the spots and almost t-bones me. She didn't even look as she crossed traffic, and had I not seen her out of the corner of my eye, an accident most likely would have occurred.