View Single Post

Old 09-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Regular user

Default Re: Reason for purchasing ranger vs f150?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsoleteE View Post
I am really fond of these f150's, I just wish they weren't so old.
That body style has grown on me over the years. When they came out I couldn't stand the looks of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
As much as I like the F-150, times are changing. Fuel and overall automotive maintenance prices keep climbing. I was driving a 2008 6.0L 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado before my Ranger.

It was time to downsize as I was starting to under-utilize myy 3/4 ton truck. My 2011, 2.3L Ranger will pull down 30 mpg on the highway empty and 21 mpg with 600 lbs in the bed plus tools. If I was driving an F-150 even with the EcoBoost I would likely be down to 14-15 with all my tools loaded up.

Fact is I miss the torque of a V8, but these days I just plan ahead and take it easy and my Ranger rewards me with great fuel economy.
One main reason the Ranger plant didn't close in 2008 as first planned was each time the cost of gas shot up, so did the sales of Rangers.
I suppose partly because this new F-150 wasn't ready yet is why Ford gave it reprieves.

2003 XLT Ext Cab. 3.0 2wd. Auto. Current driver.
1996 XLT Reg Cab. 2.3 2wd. Manual. My 1st Ranger.

An expert is someone who knows everything about something they've never done before.