Thread: Discuss How-To: OHC Install
View Single Post

Old 09-26-2011, 12:16 PM
:)

Default Re: How-To: OHC Install

Hi all again - finished the install and a few things I found that might help others...
Cut the slots for the tabs bigger than the slots in the bracket as the clips only grip on to one thickness of steel - if the slots you cut are too narrow the clips won't catch properly.

When cutting the headlining check at the back that you dont take off too much - the back of the bracket should be above the lining as it pulls it down when you install... if you cut it a bit too short (as I did) a 6-7" strip of metal betwween the bracket and the lining will pull it down.

The original fixing screws maybe too short - I found I needed longer ones and that I didnt need to pull the bracket really tight to the roof.

The tab at the front of the bracket might hit on to the roof suport - I had to bend the tab up to allow the bracket to sit far enough forward.

If you use the very useful template from Mossyoak? (link at top) check it has printed to size! and also the gap from the screen is NOT to the edge of the paper... check many times before marking / cutting.

Thats all folks - The work and effort it takes is worth the end result.

Buddy
(Thanks to Bryfin for finding and sending me my OHC... and the temp sensor!)
Sonic Blue 2003 2WD Edge ~ Leer canopy, Ford bed liner, Expo OHC. Standard height suspension, 16" American Racing Baja Rims Grabbers 285/75 for Summer & 15" Standard Rims Goodyear Wrangler Territory for Winter.
Mods planned but $ short

Last edited by BCBuddy; 10-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.