Thread: Ranger Update
View Single Post

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Ranger Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
A TOTAL backtrack! This is bullshit! I've seen articles everywhere like the one on pickuptrucks.co and such, but this is coming right out of the horse's mouth!
No it's not, you need to understand the context and source of what is being said.

There are only two thing being said:
1) Ranger design is outdated
2) Ford is working on a new Ranger

The guy who is saying the Ranger design is outdated is the VP of design. His job revolves exclusively around vehicle designs, so of course his opinion of the Ranger will be 100% focused on the design of the Ranger. The Ranger's success isn't due to it's design, but due to the fact that's it cheap and it's a fleet vehicle. I would be willing to bet that the VP of sales, VP of marketing, and VP of production, are all saying the exact opposite of what this guy says.

The fact that he says "Ford has not abandoned the Ranger, that they are in fact working on a new one" sounds good to me. But remember, a "new" Ranger is very much open to interpretation. It could mean a hybrid Ranger, a new model (such as how there is a "new" sports model), adding an option for four full doors, etc. etc. He doesn't say anything about a total revamp.

I'm going to go ahead and label this article as pure speculation.

Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store