View Single Post

Old 09-10-2011, 12:20 AM
'03 Mazda B2300

Default Re: How To: Replace front brake pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGiddy View Post
So if you're also flushing the entire system at the time of changing pads (using a hose of course), would a good order be:

bleed rear right
bleed rear left
compress front right caliper / bleed alittle out of front right / install new pad / bleed the remainder of front right
compress front left caliper / bleed alittle out of front left / install new pad / bleed the remainder of front left

? Or does it not matter when you do the pads if you're bleeding the whole system anyway?
The order is correct. But anytime you install new pads you have to push the pistons back the entire way so the new pads fit. Since you open system up to push back the pistons, you must bleed all four wheels. If you don't you'll experience soft pedal. Bleeding takes like 15 mins with two people. Just make sure to keep the master cylinder full as you bleed.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccordell View Post
Another thing I notice is that when pressing down on the brakes hard, the truck will try to go to the right a little and if I don't catch it, it will run off the road. Before changing the pads, it didn't do this at all. Just had the tires balanced on the front if that matters. Didn't seem to have any slack in the tires while I had it jacked up, no wiggling in all 4 directions.

The pedal isn't spongy at all though, so I'm just not sure what to check or if I should just leave it alone. Any help guys? Thanks so much...
Check your brake lines in the front. They could be squished or fluid isn't flowing correctly to your caliper. More than likely the left caliper could be not sliding. You can check my removing the slider pins and check if they are lubed.
Or it could be as simple as getting an alignment.