View Single Post

Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default 2.5TD XLT Double Cab Overheating problems

Really need some help here...
I have 2.5 TD XLT double cab 4X4 UK spec which I have out here in East Africa. It has caused me a few overheating problems. Initial symptoms were bubbles in expansion bottle and radiator and loss of coolant due to high temp.

I stripped the engine and changed the head gasket, skimmed the head and replaced the thermostat but there is still pressure building in the radiator with overheating (especially when working uphills).

I also flushed the system with some rad flush and it seemed to solve the problem for a while. It has sinced started overheating again and building pressure in the radiator and expansion tank. Coolant is brown in colour now which I assume is as a result of the flush chemicals cleaning the cooling system out..

I have pulled the top hose off the radiator to check that there was coolant being pushed by the water pump and the pressure seems fine.

I have a new radiator ready to fit but I am unsure if this is going to solve the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions that can help....really can't afford to break down in the middle of the African Bush.