View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.

Default Re: FRF Afterhours / BS Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Yaaayyyy!!!

As I'm sure most here know, my truck runs like shit due to what I believe to be my T/C not unlocking.

Well the worst case scenario seems to be that I may have blown the valve body gasket. Well, after pricing the parts, it looks like the grand total is gonna fall around $100 to get the gaskets and the separator plate as well. If somebody would just buy my stupid Tonneau Cover, then I would be absolutely set. Of, course, I'm hoping that I just knocked the TCC solenoid loose or something, or maybe clogged a fluid passage or the TCC solenoid screen. Those are all pretty cheap fixes unless I have to replace the TCC solenoid. I also remembered that I still have 4 quarts of Mercon V in my shop, which just so happens to be the same amount that comes out of the trans when you just drop the pan. So, I'm gonna go sometime next week and pick up a new trans filter from the parts house, and then pull the pan again and see if I can physically see some super cool awesome issues going on. Also gonna take the old filter element apart and see if I can find remnants of the valve body gasket in the filter, which is a sure sign that gasket is blown.
what color cover is it? color matched or black??