View Single Post

Old 08-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Republican

Default Re: Power Door Lock Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhoekstra09 View Post
I am having problems with my power locks too. I have and 88' Ranger xlt and I replaced the actuator on both my doors recently. Neither were working at the time of replacement but replacing the actuator didn't fix my driver side lock. any suggestions on fixing this?
Check for current on the wiring harness and pin out the cable.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by awk08 View Post
hate to thread jack, but while we're on the subject, mine works from both doors, but only to lock them, neither side will unlock the doors, they don't even try, nor do i hear anything going on when trying to unlock ????
surely there isnt seperate fuses for lock/unlock ???

Could just be that you need a new lock/unlock switch.....i.e. when you press unlock, the switch does not actually send out the signal.

OR

It may be the unlock relay located behind the plastic cargo panel on the drivers side. The switch sends a signal to the lock relay when you push the switch to lock the doors; the switch sends a signal to the unlock relay when you push the switch to unlock the doors. The relays actually send the signal to the lock actuators in the doors to lock or unlock.

Most likely the lock relay IMO....again, test for current in the wires to identify the issue.

Rancho 9000XL's