View Single Post

Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: How to replace a front rotor for beginners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
I think she will have to remove nut in behind dust over to get hers off. Also if I'm not mistaken, she will need to transfer bearings to new rotors or buy new bearings.

4x4s are the ones u just give the rotor a whack as they don't have hubs built in
exactly.... pull the wheel off remove the caliper braket(sometimes you can remove the bracket and caliper as one piece) remove the dustcover from the end of the rotor remove carter pin and locking nut. remove nut and washer. then slide rotor off remove front bearing and sit on clean rag/cardboard remove ring on backside of rotor and then remove rear bearing... to put back together make sure you add new grease to bearings(if reusing old bearings) tap in seal on the rear of the rotor flip the rotor over and add a little bit of grease to the inside of the rotor. place rotor on spindle(make sure all the way back on the spindle) add grease to front bearing place bearing on spindle slide bearing inside rotor. place washer back on spindle screw nut til it stops against nut back it off 1/16th turn place locking nut over nut and then place new carter pin in the hole thru the spindle to hold it in place bend pin to wrap it around spindle. replace dust cap replace caliper bracket then caliper if it was not removed as one piece and finally replace wheel...i'll see if i cant find a video for you....