View Single Post

Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Ford Rangers

Default Re: FAST Fabrication 94 b4000 turn into SNORE class 7 race truck

Some of the work that was done while I was gone.

Transmission filters are mounted and the lines to the transmission have been run. May build a small skid for it, but right now the tall filters are fine, no need to switch to a smaller filter.

Started fully welding the seat mount tubes, and finished other small things

Got the skeleton built for the center console, ready to start laying glass.

I brought back some autometer warning light sensors. Monday going to order the fuel safe bulkhead electrical connectors for the dual in tank fuel pumps. Also going to order our center support, I was searching for a spicer assembly but all I kept finding was just the 1.5748 bearing. So I will probably order the IED poly version and if it does not have a spicer bearing I will upgrade it.

Got all the electrical components and draw requirements laid out in a nice excel spreadsheet. We are looking at 24/25 breakers (each size indicated), 19/20 sealed switches, and it also tells us the circuits amp draw, what size wire we are going to use, what weatherpack connector needed, and what dash tag we are going to use. I plan to post a copy of the excel sheet when we are done with all of the electrical setup, I am sure there are quite a few people who would be interested in having it, since many of the components I use are common for everyone. It is very easy to understand. All the info was obtained from the manufacture or their website.
KMR thanks its sponsors FK Rod Ends, Yukon Gear & Axle, KMC Wheels, Lucas Oil, PRP Seats, Rigid Industries, McQueen Prototype Designs, Sway-A-Way Shocks, Primo Powder Coating, Dana Sniff Transmisions, JuanCo Performance Engineering, General Tire, JBA Headers, Fragola Performance Systems, Powermaster Alternators, Russler II