Thread: what mirriors
View Single Post

Old 01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay FX4 View Post
It think it's easier to do it the way we did it. All you need is a drill and about 5 seconds to enlarge the holes. But you do have a valid point. If you modify the mirrors, not the doors, it would be easier to swap back to the old mirrors if need be. Also, I don't know about you, but I was a little nervous taking a drill to the sheet metal of my mint truck.
Yup. I wasn't too sure how I'd like 'em....so I'd choose the no-drill route....didn't know how'd I like it as it changes almost hte whole overall look of the truck. I could sell 'em easily for way more than what I bought 'em for....But now after having them, I'll never go back to the stock ones on my truck. Had them '06's on the truck for almost 2 years now. Can't go wrong with 'em if you can get past the exterior bulkyness....it's worth it.

I noticed ALOT more visibility espicially on the passenger mirror. I think it's more convex compared to the 98-05 styled mirrors like what came on my truck stock. Alot taller which is nice because you can aim 'em lower, see the ground(on my lifted ride) AND see taller compared to before.

OP....Jay has a link for ya for decently priced aftermarket units and he reports having a great experience with aftermarket units of that brand. Look into it, or keep diggin' around for OEM's at a yard. I ordered mine from ford for a screamin' deal.

We all love pics....