View Single Post

Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
5.Oh All the way

Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default What do you do for a living?

Not sure if this is a re-post, but I'm interested in seeing the array of jobs.

I'll start:

I went to school for a degree in Mechanical Drafting Technology. I knew in college that I did not want to become a mechanical draftsman. I wanted architectural, but the local college didn't offer it. I graduated May 08' and received a call from the local granite quarry that I had put a resume in to. I went through three interviews and landed the job. I work in dimensional stone which is architectural related. My company is NC Granite Corp. I draw up. And design how stone is to be cut in order for it to go on/in a building/monument/structure. We have provided granite to such things like the Hyatt Center in Chicago, the WWII memorial in DC, the Wright Memorial in Kill Devil Hills and MANY other things. As of the moment, I am working on the Virginia War Memorial. On site, we quarry Mt Airy Granite which is your typical grayish white granite with black fleck. But we fabricate any type of stone from marble to limestone to granite. So you can see is is a neat job.

Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers