View Single Post

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Needs moar chrome....

Default Re: Brand new Ranger. Check Engine Light is on. ODBII codes 0455, 0446, 1633

I remember i was working on evap on a 01 caddy, pos.

But i learned a few things, On that car, i replaced the evap/purge solenoids, had it smoke tested, all that, No leaks, but the codes still came up, It also had a pcm memory code.
I came to the conclusion that the computer was bad, being that they have a tendency to go on gm vehicles.

Or check around your gas cap, also why didnt it have one? If under the gas cap, inside the filler neck, there could be a slight dent in the filler neck around the seal on the cap, basically making that seal useless, could cause those codes.
I may have made that confusing.
there could also be a leak in the vent line?

Being that its brand new, take it back, if its a computer problem or evap leak, they need to fix it
Best to do it asap so that they cant pull some random shit saying they cant do it under warranty
2001 Mazda B-3000 CabPlus "FX2 Off Road"| 3.0 | 5 SPD | 3 In Spindle Lift | Belltech Shackles | UltraGauge |Alpine Head / 10" Kicker Setup | Air Box Mod | Add-A-Leaf| Thrush Welded B4 Rear Wheel | Kobalt Box | Cobra 19 DX IV | Custom PA Speaker | Front/Rear Tow Receiver | 2X Aux Lights | Hideaway Strobes | Back Rack Safety Rack | Amber LED Strobes | Blue LED Strobes | 265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
I like little girls...........
RIP Jason

Last edited by 01B3000; 07-20-2011 at 07:33 PM.