View Single Post

Old 07-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Rocket Scientist

Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default Re: Grille Guard or no?

Quote:
I believe you're being just a tad over-sensitive... but if you truly are insulted by what I intended as friendly jabs then I apologize sincerely. I'll remember to be more delicate when addressing you in the future.
Again, with the condescending tone, with undercurrents of sarcasm and thinly veiled insults!

If you're not familiar with the scientific experimentation method, then simply admit it (if only to yourself) and accept that your understanding of the physical sciences is inadequate to participate in this conversation. Calling my intelligence, knowledge, achievements, or personality into question does nothing to bolster your position; it serves only to indicate that you are unwilling or unable to participate intellectually in the discussion or provide any tangible proof of the conclusions you have reached. Instead, in follow-up after follow-up, you have attempted to derail the dialogue into a schoolyard taunt in order to distract the casual reader from the defenselessness of your position; this seems to be the classic tactic of the "internet troll".

A casual observer might conclude that it is you that cannot be reasoned with, and the one steadfastly adhering to hypothetical thought experiments instead of resorting to a rational exercise in standardized scientific method.

You have offered nothing other than your opinion on what the science might indicate, and bolstered your opinion with your interpretation of scientific process by tangentially linking it to a middle-school experiment with pendulums.

In Summary

You contend, earlier in this thread, that brush guards and other such accessories have measurable negative effects on vehicle handling, performance, and safety. I disagree, and ask again that you provide us with the raw data from which you've drawn your conclusions.

You needn't reply if your only response to this simple question will be to, again, question my intelligence, integrity, intellectual honesty, or emotional stability.

Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock