View Single Post

Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Rocket Scientist

Send a message via AIM to turbo
Default Re: Grille Guard or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
Really? Falling back on that weak sauce? You're kidding, right?
Kidding? Because you assert an absurdity, and I have the temerity to ask you to cite any sort of recognized authority or expert that can back up your claim? You simply refuse to answer a simple question, and instead take an(other) opportunity to insult me.

Quote:
Look, I know you can't possibly be that dumb.
I resent your implication that my mental acuity is in any way inferior. I have reported your post to the moderators, as you seem to be driving this discussion toward personal insults.

Quote:
You know full well that what I'm saying is physically correct and scientifically factual.
I know no such thing; in fact, I've stated repeatedly that what you're saying is not physically possible nor is your statement, reasoning, or hypothetical "thought experiment" scientifically sound.

Quote:
You just refuse to acknowledge it due to fear of a bruised ego.
I refuse to acknowledge it, due to the abject absurdity of your statement, that you resolutely refuse to provide any measure of scientific evidence to support.

Quote:
though disappointing, it's certainly no suprise that you deliberately deleted the pertinent explanations when quoting my post and replaced them with "blah blah blah", and then insisted that I google up some 'evidence' which you will predictably dismiss anyway. Sorry, not playing that game... you're hardly the first person I've encountered on the internet who chooses to immerse themselves in stubborn denial rather than acknowledge the truth. Further argument with guys like you is a waste of time.

No, I don't want you to google anything -- you seem to have a strange perception on how physics works, and have created some convoluted "thought experiment" that seems to be based on cartoon physics, or some television or movie special effects.

I understand, perfectly well, about centers of gravity, moments of inertia, and so on; my comments to you in this thread are meant to imply that I don't think you understand it very well, or are perhaps believing what you see on television shows or movies a bit too much.

What I would suggest you do, rather than hypothesize about some unmeasured weight on the end of a stick, is to put forth a rational, repeatable experiment that backs up your theory. In short, this would involve two identical masses with a CoG approximately where the CoG on a Ford Ranger pickup would be. You can do this in miniature or full-scale (involving actual Ranger vehicles, I suppose). Next, add 1% of total body mass to one of the models, located directly in front of the CoG, approximately 1/8th of the total model length distant from the CoG. Then, run your test; demonstrate this "significant nose diving" and/or "rollover potential" you assert in your previous statements. As I have already stated, you will find that the coefficient of friction will not vary between the two by any measurably significant amount; you will find that overall braking, handling, and maneuverability of both models will be nearly identical and (again) measurably insignificant.

Your example, translated into actual scale, would be the equivalent of welding a Volkswagen Beetle (or Jetta, I suppose) to the front of a Ranger, and measuring the (no doubt, highly significant) effect on all operating parameters.

Finally, in conclusion: I find your condescending tone towards my posts here to be insulting. I have made absolutely no personal references to you, nor any disparaging remarks (however thinly veiled) regarding your intelligence -- I don't think you can honestly say you've done the same.

Quote:
That I can agree with, since you don't seem to have any. Good luck with that.
And, here again, instead of continuing the discussion in an intellectually honest manner, you choose to engage in personal attacks, calling into question whether or not I possess any "common sense".

Since it seems obvious that you cannot hold a civil conversation or engage in a simple dialogue without degenerating the discussion into personal attacks when your unproven assertations are called into question, I am done talking with you on this subject. Please don't bother replying, as it seems you will only use the occasion of your reply to hurl further insults upon my character, education, intelligence, and ability; it belittles you in the eyes of the internet audience you so ravenously desire to win approval from.

Modifications
Summit 3" Body Lift
31x10.50 A/T tires
Explorer overhead console
Explorer auto-dim mirror
Explorer auto-headlights
Aux1 & Aux2 inputs on factory AM/FM/CD/Cassette
Door-dinger silencer button
Seamless retractable roof and passenger-side ejection seat with steering wheel mounted controls and safety interlock