View Single Post

Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Like Ranger, Hate Dealer.

Default Re: USA womens soccer

Ok, so I have a HUGE issue with a side note to Women's soccer:

Did anyone see the ESPY's a couple days ago? There was a category "Best Play" (of the year). People had been voting on this for a few weeks prior to the ESPY's being aired live. Before announcing the winner, they recapped the nominees. The last play they showed, as a nominee, was the header goal by one of the women on the US team that tied the game up in the 89th minute against Brazil. THIS ONLY HAPPENED TWO DAY PRIOR TO THE ESPY's BEING AIRED! So I thought to myself, "Self, this is only a politically correct "head-nod" to the Women's team for playing a good game and giving support for a sport that is about the 54th most popular in the U.S it terms of "watchability".

AND THEN THEY WON?! WHAT?! ARE YOU FKM?!! Out of the 500,000 plus votes (which they announced before reading the winner) they got the most out of all the others inside of a day and a half? (Those envelopes are sealed up about an hour before the show starts) On top of that (the Women's team, obviously wasn't there because they are still in the Cup in another country) they already had a prerecorded acceptance speech already cued up?!

I CALL SHENANIGANS ON ESPN!