Thread: 2001+ Rangers
View Single Post

Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 AM
It's so cold in the D

Default Re: 2001+ Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmmyHoffa View Post
Hi, Im new to the forum & while i dont own a Ranger yet i plan too soon. Ive been looking at a 2001+ models preferably automatic.

I currently own a 98 S10 with a 2.2l 5 speed & previously owned a 99 Sonoma (same as S10) 2.2l 5spd. The sonoma I had to put 2 transmission in under 145k miles of use, then shortly after that the engine started knocking & low oil pressure readings.... My current S10 has 172k miles only had it for 20k miles dont know what previous problems it had, but current problems are broken driver side motor mount for the 2nd time, exhaust leak at the header (loud) uv joints going out again.

Ive come to the conclusion that the S10 is junk & im in need of reliable transportation.

So I have a few Q's maybe yall can help me with... Im looking for an automatic Im getting tired of replacing the clutch'es $800 a pop.

So are the 4 cyl. reliable on the 2001+ models ? How about the auto trannies coupled with the 4cyl. ? How many miles can i expect out of these trucks with good maintanance ?

How about the 3.0 v6 ? I already know to steer clear of the 4.0 v6's due to their timing belt tensioner & bad gas mileage. How about the auto tranny with the 3.0 v6 ?

Are there any known issues with the 2001+ models that need attention right away ? All info appreciated
the 4.0 is better than the 3.0, everyone who has a 4.0 loves it. Lots of people say the 3.0 has sucky gas mileage and power, when the 4.0 doesnt get much worse mpgs and has a lot of power in comparision
Quote:
Originally Posted by esrevnoc View Post
I'm trying to join Ranger Power Sports forum and they ask "What color is blue?" Anyone know how the heck to answer this question? Probably something silly but I'll be darned if I can figure it out.