View Single Post

Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Almost ******

Default Re: Camburg 5.5 kit with deaver leaf springs question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner View Post
It deffinatly sounds like you know what your talking about. yes they are the bilsteins and i was lookinging into getting upgraded ones. And no i dont have the long travel kit I just have the stock 5.5 kit and its about 5 years old about so they should have losened up by now. As for weight in the bed all i got is a huskey tool box and about 10 rockstar cans haha
if you want shocks you can change the internal valving of, i'd recommend these posted below. i had them for awhile when i had the 5.5 kit on my truck, and they were a better upgrade over the bilsteins. ultimately, a 2.0 upgrade using a 2.0x8" travel shock with a remote reservoir is your best option. it requires cutting the top of the frame where the shock normally mounts, then fabricating shock towers out of plate to mount the shocks to. camburg sells those pieces i believe if you'd like to go that route.
http://offroadwarehouse.com/products...roductID/51728

in the back, try to mount a spare tire in the bed if you could, towards the tailgate as much as possible, the weight really helps the ride on leaf spring trucks.

Please click HERE to watch this video!