View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default New guy from Kentucky

Hello folks...new to the forum here from Kentucky...

I have been an F150 guy for awhile. However, I recently traded my F150 to a brand new 2010 Mustang that I'm in love with. My wife drives a 2007 Ford Edge that's a great little SUV. We are a Ford Family.

I needed a daily driver to save wear and tear on the Mustang when the weather is lousy, when I want to haul something, go fishing, etc...so I picked up a '99 Ranger for a bargain this weekend. You'll see me around the forum looking for help as I put this thing together the way I want it, but I'll try to help where I can too.

The truck is a '99 Ranger XLT SuperCab 4-Door 4X4 Off Road. It's white, has the 4.0L V6, and has 144K miles on it. Unlike some of the JUNK I looked at, this truck was real clean and had been taken care of. The windows were already tinted, it has a Ford bedliner in it, a TruXedo tonneau cover, and some AVS in-channel window visors. It shifts well, goes in an out of 4-Wheel Drive fine, runs out good, and I can't find any major issues. The body is in fine shape, and all I see there is a couple of real small dents on the hood...no visable rust, chrome bumpers look good. The headlights/corners are a bit loose and yellowed. The grille could use a facelift. Those are easy replacements if I want to. The interior is a little dirty, but will get a good going over tomorrow. The factory radio worked great, but the display was shot, so I stuck a little Pioneer single-din unit in there for some cheap tunes. It needed a new power steering pump, so that's being put in, and I figured I would replace the pulleys/serpentine belt while that was off. That's all I could find that the motor needed right now. I think I got a pretty good deal on this truck from a guy on Craigslist at $4000...

To get me back and forth to work (8 miles round trip) when the weather sucks, or to go do a little playing in, I think I'll like it. If I maintain it well, I see no reason why I can't get 60K more miles out of this little guy for my intended use. My last truck (2006 Ford F150 FX4 was loaded up with accessories and I didn't want to beat it up....the Ranger is going to get USED!)

My early plans for the Ranger are some new Ultra Wheels, some mud tires, replace the grille and headlamps, and put a new trailer hitch on it. (The factory hitch is rusted pretty bad.)

Pictures to come of the Ranger, but until then, I'll attach a couple of my old F150 and the new Mustang.

I'm a bass fisherman, a handgunner, a University of Kentucky alum, college basketball and football freak (GO CATS!), and I work for the corporate office of a tire distribution company. That's the quick bio.

Thanks!
Quiz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0627.jpg (53.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0632.jpg (45.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg f150.jpg (20.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg f150b.jpg (34.2 KB, 7 views)

2010 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L
2007 Ford Edge SEL 4.0L
1999 Ford Ranger SuperCab 4X4 Off Road 4.0L