View Single Post

Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: 3.0l V6 ENGINE MODS

500hp I even agree that is abit out there, but 400 is more realistic with the mods I listed, that of which im sure no one has done all I listed on the same engine the same way, so no one really knows. Past that I can agree that the weight and the displacement and the fact its only a 6 cylinder will limit how much power you can get.

But I still think 400hp is very realistic, and thats all I really want maximum anyways as a daily driver and to beat a ricer here and there - im not going to the drag stip as in pro or anything - just a test & tune night. I would be fine with 300 but I feel that is also too easy; but we will see

Also, its a pretty new engine. Newer engines use more computer calculations (EFI vs carb) compared to drag cars and 500+hp engines, and can also produce very nice results. Look up dagger gt; 2500hp car - only v8 twin turbo amonst others. If you want to be the fastest car on earth like they claim, why not use a v12 twin turbo with a blower or supercharger ontop of that, with performance engine internals?

Last edited by Marneus901; 07-06-2011 at 12:22 AM.