View Single Post

Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 1990 ford ranger help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito View Post
Hello, I need help with my truck.
It's a 1990 ford ranger 4 cylinder 2.3l (8spark plugs)

I've been having problems with it and can't get it to work. It idles really rough, sputters, will only stay on if I hold down the gas. It's been like this for a few months now and it would sometimes decide to work other times would die on me when I was at a red light or taking off. But this past week it wouldnt idle or stay on. I've put more than $500 into it and still has made no difference. This is what I have replaced so far.

•fuel pump ($80)
•fuel filter ($15)
•spark plugs ($1.50x8)
•spark plug wires ($20)
•both ignition coil packs ($50x2)
• one coil condenser/resistor $5
•the (icm) ignition control module ($150)
•new battery and terminal post nd wires ($100)

All these things have been done and no difference still idles very bad and if I rev up engine fast itll misfire and pop a few times.

I recorded a video so u can have an idea of how it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUDUi-Sq2Jo

This week it started to stop turning on usually before it took two keyturns and would turn on but now doesn't want to.

I'm thinking maybe the MAF or the TPS and maybe the IAC? but these parts are expensive. I already cleaned the throttle body. Later ill clean out the iac. Any one have advice or think they know what it could be? Please help.
I don't think you have a MAF I think you have a MAP, how aobut the ect(coolant sesnor for the ecu) senosr. dicinect it and see if anything happens. pull the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator and see if there is gas iin it

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).