View Single Post

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Yesterday, I had my two year old son for the afternoon, and I promised him carryout pizza from a local shop. The plaza consists of about ten other businesses, and the parking lot lacks enough spaces. Naturally, it was lunchtime, and extremely crowded. In fact, I backed my wife's Edge into the only spot left, which was next to a motorcycle, and I happened to be over the faded yellow line. Normally, I would possibly have pulled up and rebacked, but I knew I was going to be gone two or three minutes at most.

Of course, the guy that owned the motorcycle was done shopping and saw me walk away from my vehicle and commented, "You sure parked pretty close".

I responded, "I didn't hit you. Maybe if the lot weren't so crowded and the owners could label the lines better".

He put his hands up and waved as if to say, "I don't care".

I know this is minor and people would say, "Ignore him", etc., but the point I'm trying to make is, "Why are people such a-holes"? -- that is to complain either way. If I had hit him, he would have complained, we would have had to deal with insurance, etc. He was fully able to get on his motorcycle and leave. No harm done.