View Single Post

Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 AM
N/A

Default Re: How did you aquire your ranger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Bought my Ranger in September from a local car dealer that specializes in low mileage re-possessions. Mom's Cavalier had been my DD for a year or so after I wrecked my first Ranger. The entire time I DD'd her car, I was saving up for another Ranger. But I wasn't saving up very fast. Well, in September the Cavalier's transmission started slipping between 3rd and 4th gear. Knowing how much it costs to rebuild a trans-axle setup, mom and I talked it over and decided to look for a truck to replace the Cavalier. Since I drive 3/4 of the time, it was my choice as to what we got. I secretly wanted a Ranger, but didn't want to jump on the first one I saw, because I always wanted a white Supercab Edge and had my heart set on them. So I looked at Tacos, Dakotas, Rangers, Colorados, Silverados, F150's, etc. Every single truck I saw was either out of my price range, out of my gas range, or they simply wanted way too much for the mileage. I wanted really low miles, which I was having a hard time finding. Then for some reason, a specific car dealer just popped up into my head. I decided to check out the inventory on their website. Chose Ford in the drop down box, and the first truck I saw was a white 03 Supercab Edge for 10K with 44,000 miles. I fell in love. Went to go look at it, and fell even more in love with it. For the next week I went back every day after school to inspect the truck and test drive it. A week later I took the $2,000 down payment I had saved up, bargained with the dealer on the price, and drove home with my dream Ranger.
Another dreamy owner with a 3L