View Single Post

Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM
that guy you know kinda

Default couple of questions.

i have an 86 ranger with ALL blue interior, and i dont like it, im gonna sand down and paint the dash n whatnot and make a diamond place insert for the gauge assembly, but also i need to do some stuff to my door panels since they aren't in the best of shape. Id like to make my own custom panels, and was wondering what material would be best? i was thinking of some light weight wood?. also what paint would you suggest on painting plastic/metal interior stuff? i was considering krylon fusion, or car paint if i can get ahold of some. id like to build a custom center console as well to hold two 10" subs facing toward the back with an ipod dock space and probly cupholders or a storage box, how would i go about doing that?

I was also thinking about a whole diamond plate door panel? but i dont know if itd be strong enough to have the arm rest and stuff without bending, so maybe a thing paeice of wood behind it for extra strength? thx for any advice guys!!!!

Last edited by Major376; 06-22-2011 at 08:00 PM.