View Single Post

Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: Not getting very much air out the ac ducts?

Duh...Right there in front of my nose where its been on every other car I owned. Give me a Mulligan on that one, please.

I'll check that door behind the glove box because I get no more air flow on high even though I hear the motor speed up.

Hope its a simple vacuum hose fell off issue as I hope nothing is , like you say, "really fucked up" LOLOL

Thanks

Joe

----------

I checked that door and its opening on high cool. So I pulled the blower motor to see if foreign stuff was lurking there, nope looked fresh and shiny.

I went back and cranked it up and put it on high cool and watched that door open and I could see to the cavity that the blower usually sets in. The screen between the High Cool door and the blower cavity is almost plugged with crap on it, I have about an inch square that I could see thru.

I must have sucked a load of crap in at some time. Now if I can get a vac hose in there to clean it up, if not looks like I'm going to be missing a screen as I
m not going to disassemble the dash while my exacto knife is right here to deal with that pesky screen..

Thanks for the tip..... the High cool door tip is what put me on the right track

Thanks, again

Joe