Thread: applying wax
View Single Post

Old 06-21-2011, 07:33 PM
5.Oh All the way

Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: applying wax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckstone View Post
To add on to my little brother(lol Scott) with some of my OCD. Tape of any plastic trim with blue painters tape. If it's hot as hell out I apply to the bed and by that time usually the first panel you did is set to come off.

If you really wanna go crazy. You need a porter cable polisher or something like it. Not those jitter bug kind the real deal. First wash the vehicle with a stripping wash. Dry. Clay bar the paint. Next med cut polish it with a polishing pad . Next fine cut. Then glaze. Then with a finishing pad apply the wax. And take off sit back after a whole day of polishing and look at the perfection

Speaking of which I need to do that hahaha
Urah I wish I could take it to this next step. I'm a pro at hand applying, but lost when it comes to a buffer. I want to learn how to use one so bad.

With that being said, I do have a buddy with a buffer. Gong to pick it some ultimate compund and polish this week so we can apply them then ill finish it off with the AutoGlym

Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers