View Single Post

Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
that guy you know kinda

Default Re: major's build thread 2 for 1

Day 2 post
dropped the tank to get a look inside... was not pretty at all. :

it looked like a coral reef of rust in the tank. I honestly dont know how the truck ever ran before with this. So i ordered a new fuel assembly, tank, and some shocks. Started to wire-wheel the frame and sandblast some hard to reach areas.

----------
Two days later the parts came in, big difference lol

primered the tank white so it'd help prevent rust from the bottom n what-not.

Next day finished prepping the rear half of the fram for undercoating, and heres the end result.. MUCH BETTER

Before......

AFTER ....

looked awesome, thenbolt everything back on and now it starts fine, and doesnt bounce when i push it down as much.
-----

Next thing was exhaust, had a flowmaster 40 layin around so i decided to put it on.. dont judge my welding as i didnt have proper equipment (fixed shade helmet, crappy lincoln stick welder, WAY too big electrodes for thin pipe. used the curved part of a step bar, an exhaust tip off a subaru and a big washer to make it work :P

Put a moon visor on her and thats pretty much how she sits today!

------ UPDATE
tried to remove the oil pan of the other ranger, and that has got to be the most aggravating thing on this planet! removed the bolt..no Lifted up the engine for more space...no . Remove transmission mount to give it more space.... no .. then jacked up the body to let the suspension hang for more space...NO. so today came to the conclusion to go ahead an pull the engine out since we have only a few more bolt n stuff to undo, and to save our tempers from blowin anymore... >.< ill have pics once i get it out.