View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Like the Forums

Default Re: Starting Issue, Kind of Weird

Well, sadly a new MAF did not actually solve the problem. Although unplugging it did allow the truck to start immediately, a repeat would cause the starting issue to reappear and the MAF failure code would cause the check engine light to appear.

Plug the new MAF back in, reset the ECM and all is good again except for the same old won't start right away issue.

I really wish that had been it. So now I have replaced the IAC and MAF to no avail except that I have spent about $180. At least I still have the older IAC. Had to give up the original MAF as a core.

So now where do I go from here? No codes, no check engine light, just the won't start right away gig. Runs great after it starts and the engine is definitely getting fuel. Seems like the initial spark just isn't there.

In the old days, I would have said replace the coil, since an initial charge had to build before sufficient spark would occur. Does that happen in the newer vehicles with the ECM computer control?

I am half temped to replace the coil module, but am hesitant that it would be another waste of money.

Advise?