View Single Post

Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Hurst shifter, pistol grip and pics

So yesterday I finally got my hurst shifter installed. Just wanted to give a thanks to all who've posted or written threads on this topic. It definitely made my decision easier. With my shifter I went with a hurst pistol grip shifter handle and I have to say, the extra 3" in length is really nice. Because of the position of the shifter lever I wasn't sure if it would work that well but the shifter handle threads are angled so for me it's very comfortable, and I think it looks pretty badass too lol. In regards to the hurst 'rattle'... I may be a little old fashioned but, it's not rattling I get. I can really feel and hear the transmission spinning, engaging etc... I actually like the direct connection feeling. It reminds me of a time when vehicles came stock with Hurst shifters and this was the norm. It feels a lot like my Duster. I do agree that it doesn't feel refined and 'new', but I'm really happy with this 'mod'. Thanks again to all. For all the critics, I fixed the bit of binding on the bottom of the shift boot after I took these pics. (trimmed the rubber a bit more) I didn't even see that until I posted this. LMK what you think. P.S sorry for the crappy pics. lol

2010 FX4, 4.10's, 5spd, 265/75r16 Dura Tracs, 16x8 moto metal 951's, Screamin Demon ignition coil w/gapped plugs, K+N CAI, 3" PA bodylift, 3" suspension lift, slightly cranked #1 t-bars, Look ma! No abs, rsc or trac control!, disconnected sway bar, HID's, Raider Canopy/topper, tint, Cobra cb radio, signal light mod, Hurst shifter, Alpine mp3 head unit and speakers, magnaflow, vent visors, jumpers deleted, modded/lifted trailer hitch.

Broke is broke but f~€ked is f~€ked

Last edited by skimmin; 06-19-2011 at 12:13 PM.