Thread: Sas
View Single Post

Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Ford Motor Co

Default Re: Sas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Yup the d30 isn't the strongest axle. However it is better than halfshafts and ifs. I have yet to break mine and its been through plenty of trails as has the one in my xj. Leave the d30 open run a normal size tire (35s and down) and it will last just as long as anything else.

Coils vs leafs...I like the ride of mine. All of the link work and buckets were all custom fab as is the front driveshaft. If you 4 link off the stock xj mounts pay for the double sheer tracbar it is the first thing I broke on mine offroading.

If you click on my name and go to photos there are a good number on there of the front end of mine.

Anyone who complains about the weakness of a d30 and has not destroyed their ifs has no idea the strength differences. I personally went through 2 full sets of halfshafts and a hub on mine with proper maint. and 33s.

Yes, see i have always built up XJ and always did D44 set up but these were toys i was strictly trail rig. Now my ranger i want to do the D30 cause i am only using it for DD and mild offroading. I live in florida, there aint no rock or mountains here. And i wouldnt want the full with axles either. Im set on D30 if i do comit to SAS. My main question is the price difference in The D30 setup vs the IFS 4". And also the most on road worthy. Being as ill be driving it on the highway at 80mph.