View Single Post

Old 12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Learning to use the forums

Ok, my attempt to be funny has failed. Now to seriousness. I DO believe the earth is older than 6000 years (by a couple billion). I also believe it goes through cycles of warming and cooling. Ok, the ice is melting and the oceans are rising. That is fact. It has been melting for alot longer than we have had internal combutstion engines. Didn't the ice caps carve out the great lakes? They were alot farther north than that when the industrial revolution hit. I'm sorry that the water is rising, but I don't think if we all shut off our engines tomorrow that it will make any difference. I just don't see the earth as being that fragile. I have a lot closer connection to the earth than most, as I grow food out of it for a living. It is quite resiliant. I also know it is always changing. Erosion happens. With its ever-changing, it is ever-healing itself. I think we as humans have a very high opinion of ourseleves if we think we have the power to make that big of an impact on it.
Now, this is not what this forum is for, so I'm done with the subject.
Oh, wait, one more attempt at humor: We're saving everyone that lives on the coasts a trip to Vinice!