View Single Post

Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
-n. ə-ˈsō-s-ē-s

Default Re: 4x4 or 4x2 - which one to buy - Toronto area

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt224 View Post
Traction control pulsates your brakes to limit wheel slippage, it does not act as a LSD or posi by sending power to both rear wheels
From what I understand it can pulsate the brake on only the wheel that's slipping, so that prevents all the power from escaping through that one wheel, then some of the power has to go to the wheel with (hopefully) more traction - same end result, no? It's just limiting the amount of slip using the brake instead of a clutch-type thingy in the diff.

I'm looking forward to playing, errrr... testing the TC and Roll Stability Control next winter in an empty parking lot.

The only problem I can see with TC would be if it has to pulsate the brakes on both wheels simultaneously because neither has traction... then you can't go anywhere (and have to turn it off). But that would be the case with a LSD - you need at least one wheel with traction to go anywhere.

Upgrades/Mods: 225/75 R15 Dunlop RVXTs, Daystar leveling kit, Mazda hood deflector, Trail FX bed liner, Extang Trifecta tonneau cover, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, locking gas cap, WeatherTech FloorLiners, 5% rear/30% side window tint, dual horns, Krown rustproofing.

*** CLICK HERE TO SEE MODS THREAD ***