View Single Post

Old 06-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: hesitation and missing on acceleration

before making the drastic move of getting new injectors, I replaced the iac valve. To me it seemed suggish to function and appeared to rub the shaft. So I replaced this for 35.00....I can dell a difference in first start up, but not enough to have been the problem.

Talked to my mechanic friend. He had me to leave the truck with him over lunch he would runa few errands. By the endo of the day he had since put the gas pressure meter back on while driving. The pressure was low. SoOOOOO>>>>>>>>fuel pump. He ordered me another one and I got it. Took the bed off my truck and installed it. drove the truck some before replacing the bed. Seemed fine so I put the bed back on. Went to fill up the tank and the sending unit was not reading right. Took the bed back off to recheck it. I think I did not have the pump tabs lined up with the tank indentions or something. Reinstalled. Working!!!!! so I put bed back on. Truck drives with no hesitation. All that for a fuel pump.....Thanks for all your input guys