View Single Post

Old 06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default my ranger won't start!!! ghost problem seems like

This problem has been happening ever since I slid my truck off into a drain revine last week. I had to get it winched out and when I went to try to start it, it only clicked. My truck was sitting very oddly and I thought the battery acid maybe of leaked out causing the problem. Although I have had the battery checked, charged, and even tried taking the battery from my tbird and puting it in my ranger.

When I try to start it there is only a 'click', nothing else. I have cleaned my battery terminals and checked the starter for good connections and everything seems to be fine. I checked the undercarriage to see i there was any damage from me sliding all over the place, nothing.

Everyonce in awhile I'll try to start it and the starter will rollover very slowly (as if the battery was almost dead althought it isn't) and it will start, I will let it run for about a minute then turn it off and try to restart it and just a click

I've been having to push start it alot which is getting to be a huge pain.....

Also another problem Ive had for proly a year is if I try to start my truck and don't get it on the first try it wont start (although it would roll over) for a couple hours, im not sure if these problems are connected at all.

Tried to give as much info as I could all help would be very much appreaciated
great audio system