View Single Post

Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: No start, Clicks but no turnover, Battery drains while parked?

Yeah I heard that disconnecting the batt while it's running can really mess stuff up. I did try the screwdriver trick. I know you said it wouldn't do anything but i was given that tip from my old boss from the circus. he has been driving truck cross country for about thirty years so i thought i would try it. the screwdriver did magnetize to the back of the alternator which i think is caused by electro-magnetism, but you can't trust those circus guys. anyway, i hooked a tester to the negative post on my batt and the ground wire and tested all the fuses from the cab, but no luck. I'm just going to drive it to autozoo or o'reillys tomorrow and have them test it. as long as i disconnect my battery when i'm not driving maybe it will hold enough charge for me to start it again. i wanted to check fuses in the power distribution box, but i don't think my truck has one?
88 Ranger, fuel injected V6, Manual, dual fuel tank, Red, but I found a bill of sale in the glovebox from 2007 that stated at the time of sale the truck was silver and automatic trans. It has 190k on the odometer. I used to own an 88 red ranger when I was 19. It was only a 4 banger and had just one fuel tank. I pretty much bought it because it was a great deal and for nostalgia.