View Single Post

Old 06-07-2011, 03:11 AM
N/A

Default Re: Baby seat in a SuperCab (Non x4 door model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTman777 View Post
yes it can be done.. should it be done.. probably not but you gotta go with what youve got.. just be extra careful about how you secure it and make sure that airbag is off. and the booster in the back is not necessary.. those seats are about as safe as you can get. The only reason for boosters is to get the seatbelt in the right position. The rear seats of a ranger wont have that kind of problem due to how they are designed. Like i said before.. just be extra careful..
I disagree Jeff and this is no stab at you or your comment I agree totally that it shouldnt be done, but to do it anyways is putting your child at risk... those seats are designed to fold up and I doubt that under a severe impact that the baby and seat will be heavy enough to prevent those seats from folding up there causing an aggravated injury to your kid.... you cant put a price on your kid's safety... I would suggest either trading your brand new ford ranger for perhaps a used small truck like perhaps a 4 door colorado or s10 or dakota (yuck, but at least its has a real backseat). I would never consider putting child under the age of 9-10 years old back there, unless its my sister in-law, in that case she can hybernate back there lol