View Single Post

Old 05-28-2011, 11:55 AM
N/A

Default Why all this talk about revamp/discontinuing the Ranger?

*This might come off as a facepalm thread to some but I just have to posts my thoughts on this*

After reading numerous threads about "they're getting rid of the ranger" and "When are they going to update the Ranger?" threads I have grown weary. Too many of these have popped up in my short time here.

Question to those who are saying "Omg, they are discontinuing the Ranger!!!, WTF, why not update it?" One thing I have realized from being on this forum with some odd 26,000 members (at this time) is that 90% of us mod our rangers anyway. Why does it need to be revamped when so many of us (who are handy and like to be original) take the time and effort to fab things you never see in other vehicles. Heck we see Rangers that have class, rangers that are off Road monsters, Prerunner Ranger, Lowered rangers, performance rangers, etc.

The point is everyone's ranger is unique to the now rare 1983s to the common years that we see everyday. Its a unique brotherhood to be apart of, and one to be proud of. we see a lot of commercials of Scions, being a car for people to modify, but i think we prove them wrong with all our unique trucks. Even brand new 2011 are getted modded as we speak regardless of warranties.

Why revamp when most of us engage ourselves into projects regarding suspensions work, exhausts, interior, pody panels, sound systems, wheels and tires, even engine and tranny transfers.

I think it would be more logical for Ford to keep the ranger as its been know, a reliable simple hard working truck that oh so versitile. Trucks we can make our own and learn with. How many have never touched a tool in their lives and arent handy have developped the necessary skills to paint their interior panels, install a flowmaster 40, mustang dome lights and clean their MAF.

I say to you Keep the ranger as is, a reliable Powertrain (although dated, still provides the performance most of us need), with basic but functional components. Most of us change those components anyways. The only request that I would have from ford would be a frame that is more modern or even keep the OEM frame and solidify it more (since most of us dont mod the frame). Other then that I love the fact that on a tight budget, all of us were able to afford a truck that has so much potential as stated above.

To those who think the Ranger should be a crew cab. I disagree, as stated in other threads, there was a ranger crew cab (the Sportrac) and it sort of failed since it wasnt as functional, keep the ranger for what it is (a compact truck, not a mid or full size). I just had to post this on here since so many ppl seem to buy rangers and hate its basic core. Yeah the interior is simple, yeah the sound system sucks, yeah its small and sort of hard on gas, well instead of Ford making a Ranger to please everyone at a premium ($30,000 price tag anyone) keep it small and simple so anyone can afford a nice truck that has a good rep. You don't like then its up to the owners to change it, which I think most Ranger owners here take that upon themselves.

Ppl might not agree with this, might judge me for this, but I simply believe that modding your ranger to meet its full potential is what it takes to be a proud ranger owner. how boring would it be to buy a truck just like everyone else. Sucks wouldnt it. I am proud of What I own and I know that others are just as proud and I hope that other Ranger owners will soon realize what a great truck they have.

LOL End Rant.

Last edited by Rango88; 05-28-2011 at 12:38 PM.