View Single Post

Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: high blood pressure question

Quote:
do you smoke? there are many things you can do, avoid stress, eat better foods, take a blood pressure pill,lay off the salt, i should know i have a high bp
What does "avoid stress" mean? Do people put themselves in stressful positions? My mother's mom (my maternal grandma) died at 51 due to high blood pressure. My mom has had high blood pressure since her early 30's (and doesn't nor hasn't ever smoked). I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 32 years of age. I am now 34, and I used to smoke. My blood pressure then was on the low side -- like 110/90. My last reading at the dr.'s two weeks ago was 160/120; and then 10 mins. later 140/95. Eight months ago, my wife was 5 months pregnant and miscarried. A couple years ago, I was working two jobs, and my main source of income was cut, when I lost one of my job's. I have been going to night school for years, and one class is all that is preventing me from graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. Last, I suffer from sleep apnea, which means my quality of sleep is not normal. I have no problem falling asleep -- I just don't get the refreshed feeling when I wake. I need to have my tonsils out, but until my b.p. lowers I am too much of a risk. I am not over-weight, and I am trying to eat healthier. Yet, a forum, such as this one, leads people astry. Sometimes, there is nothing that can be done regardless. The situation I'm in proves that. Every other area of my health is fine -- no high cholesterol, obesity, or diabetes, etc.