View Single Post

Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Old man driver.

Default Re: Lets go were going up a grade!

Man, I remember high school like it was last week. Except, it was 26 years ago. back then, you could bring a switch blade to school, show it off and not get expelled for it.
In fact, my school had a Hunting club and each thursday, the members brought their riffles and cross bows to the school (and NO, the weapons were not locked up in the office)
Back then, a bully was a bully and people took their shit because it was the norm and nobody committed suicide because they were picked on.
In high school in my time, nobody dared say that they were gay or a lesbian, because at that time, kicking ones ass for being a homosexual, well was almost encouraged.
Basically, the parents would say (after one kid who people assumed was gay and got beat up) "hopefully, this will knock some sense into him"
high school when I went didn't serve breakfast, there wasn't a salad bar and the school i went to actually had a smoking section!

and, best of all, when a student turns 18,they were empowered to write their own absentee excuse notes.

I miss the days of my high school -1982 to 1985.
2014 Explorer XLT (inherited from parents)