Thread: Want to Buy: Anyone selling bed rail covers?
View Single Post

Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Welcome to FRF!

Default Re: Anyone selling bed rail covers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcrane View Post
Is anyone selling bed rail covers, or know of where I could get some? I've been endlessly searching (in vain) for them, but have had no joy. I'm about to start leaving notes under windshield wipers of trucks with them asking if I could buy them!

I've uploaded a pic of a red Ranger with the specific type of rails on it. I think they're Ford factory installed, but I really have no idea. I've seen them around on a few trucks, and would really love to have 'em on my 02 Black FX4.

Thanks for your time, guys. Take it easy.
It's funny, because alot of people hate these things and take them off and stick them in their garage. Others cut them up for toolboxes, and then throw them away since they're trashed due to the cut. And maybe 1/8 of those who have them actually like them. The reason they're hard to find is because they were only offered for 2001-2002. Ford still sells them, but for about $200 per rail, and $60 per clamp. The bed rails use 8 clamps, so yea, nearly $1,000 just to get them from Ford.

If I were you, keep an eye on Craigslist for them. One of the fellow Florida members here found mine on Craigslist, and they were close to him, so he was nice enough to pick them up for me and hold them until I could meet up with him and pick them up. Mine were taken off the original truck and stored for a few years, so they're in like new condition.