View Single Post

Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Ford Tough

Default Re: OffRoad Piaa Adjustment Issues, Need Info Please!

Bulbs can be mounted "twisted" in the housing. Just like any other headlamp bulb that screws/twists in the mounting plate can be crooked.

Additionally I've bought NEW lights that the housing was warped on. Grab the metal housing and twist o sooo gently and it's fine.

I would HIGHLY suggest. That anytime you install lights EVER you do it WITH THEM TURNED ON.

Try this:: Pull into garage, loosen light mounts (usually just one bolt) so they can move easily.
Now here's the hard part ya ready::: TURN ON the lights needing adjusting. Now close the garage and turn off the garage lights (unplug them if you cant figure it out).

See where your's lights are pointing? Right at your garage doors second height line? Are they straight? Are you using a measuring tape and measuring distance from the truck to the door on both lights seperately? the height on the door and the height on the truck? the angle of the truck from the door is parallel?

NOW aim your lights and get them straight and make sure they tighten down straight and that you didn't overtighten them before and make them both perfectly out of align but aiming them THEN tightening them.

How to aim lights: this should take about 30-60seconds btw. It's REALLLLLLLLY easy

Did you ever think your mounts might be crooked as well? Are they in the bumper? the PLASTIC bumper? that you cant really mount lights to because it sucks for aiming them?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by machine090767 View Post
they probably are installed straight, but i'm just making suggestions.
I'm at a loss how the lights can be visibly facing forward, but when turned on, the beams shine way to the left, instead of directly forward.
Inside reflector cone pivoting or mounting incorrectly from the factory. Seen it before plenty of time.

Try opening the housing, removing the front glass, and inspecting the bulb/reflector itself for trueness with a straight edge