View Single Post

Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Ford Tough

Default Re: Excessive Outside Tire Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
Are you sure about that? I may be thinking about the old drum brakes they use to use years ago too. But I've seen the brake pads go bad because of a alignment issue.

----------

Whoa now. I wish I'd known that earlier. You didn't really post what all you've had done either though. So I'll be leaving now. All I was trying to do was help out some.

I appreciate the help, don't get me wrong, didn't mean to sound like I'm jumping on you.
We're all here to help each other out, the more brains thinking about one problem the better a solution we'll come up with.

I see 0 correlation between brake rotors and pads and any kind of alingment/tire wear issues. As long as wheel bearings are not ridiculously loose or something.

I do agree that the tie rod/ tie rod ends, and radius arm bushings could affect the alignment.

If I was unclear in my first post, my appologies.
Since aquiring the truck in Feb::
NEW: pistons, rings, rods, bearings, clutch master and slave and throwout bearing, all wires, hoses, vacuum lines, exhaust manifold, cat, muffler, tailpipe, carberatuor, starter+solenoid, alternator, battery, gauge sending units, radiator, water pump, thermostat, distributor cap/rotor, coil, shocks, both sway bars and links and bushings, radius arm and leaf spring bushings, brake master cylinder, booster, all brake lines, all wheel bearings, rotors, pads, drums, shoes.

That's it for actual moving parts, everything else done since I got in 3mo ago is interior/audio/lighting

Last edited by Gumcrew2; 05-12-2011 at 09:39 PM.