View Single Post

Old 04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: 93 Ranger distributor wires pulled out!

The drawing came from the local Ford dealers parts department and illustrates the ignition wiring for the 1993 3.0L engine in the Ranger. The C126 plug connects directly to the distributor and has the following color coded wires going into the plug- a #57 black one, a #16 red with gray stripe, a #395 gray with orange stripe, and a #259 orange with red stripe, and again this is only a 4 pin plug.
Because I accidentally pulled all the wires out, I cannot tell if I put them back in the right place and after spending an hour with the electrical tech at the dealership, we couldn't find any Ford drawings of the C126 plug, but we did find drawings of almost every other plug under the hood of my Ranger. He thought that I might have put them in the right way but that combination still has no spark being generated at the coil.

So, anyway, I was hoping someone could check their 93 or 94 3.0L(you have to get all the way back to the firewall to see this plug)and tell me what the correct order is. If the order is correct, then there has to be something else messed up but I don't know what at this point.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img134.jpg (98.5 KB, 10 views)