View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Like the Forums

Default Re: I'm not looking for power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt224 View Post
The Ranger doesn't weight 6000 pounds; it has a curb weight around 3,060 iirc. Its GVW might be 6000 pounds, but the truck is only half that.

It is true about the weight though; hence why I can get 28 mpg in a 5.7L V8 car weighing 3400 pounds
now this, i know is true, because my dad gets 29 in his 98 Trans Am, and his has full exhaust (texas speed and performance headers, flowmasters, off road cat) a 2000 ls1 intake, and his own tune. ran 12.49 at 114 mph witha spec stage 2 clutch in it.

but yes, weight will make a huge difference. get some light, aluminum rims, street tires, CAI MIGHT help, like i said, MIGHT. like we say in drag racing, every 100 pounds you lose out of your car, you gain .01 (one tenth) of a second. now thats pretty critical if you drag racing. so say you yourself lost 100 lbs, take the a/c out of your truck, possibly power steering, power brakes, and all the other little sissy girl choices, and that makes your truck's motor have that much less stress on it. if you need to, pull those back seats out, if you get really serious, replace all the glass for plexi glass. take out the carpet. get a tune, take the spare out, take the hitch off, take the tool box out (if you have one), ditch the tailgate (maybe), and use your cruise control!!! but i would look into getting one of those gauges and a tune, that will help you out quite a bit!
its hard to find good help

"i used to sell, i know pot math"- smakes