View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Long time lurker New at posting

I have been reading the posts for a while and thought i would say hi, and share my build. I'm 60 and a robotic/tooling engineer. I have had my truck for 5 yrs and have been showing it for 2 years. it started out as a 99 stepside 2.5 stick. It has a custom interior and body off frame clean. The new engine was built from parts starting with a virgin 89 HO roller block. TRW forged pistons Comp cam and Comp valve train mounted in gt40P heads. The trans is a TCI C4, The drive shaft fit perfectly with a 1330 yoke. The heater box did not have to be modified. The factory wire harness was modified and reused (removed 32 wires) All factory gauges are functional and the tach has been modified for the v8. The Fuel pump was removed from the tank and a carter electric mounted in the frame with new 3/8 fuel lines. The motor mounts are v6 mounts with plates. I got a lot of ideas from this site. Thanks for the info.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-002F.JPG (88.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-003F.JPG (75.4 KB, 26 views)
Daily driver