View Single Post

Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I love Ol' Blue! <3 :)

Default Re: New member looking to purchase FR4x4

Welcome to FRF! I'm also from around the Omaha area.

Looking at the price of that Ranger isn't too bad. I would check under the hood, no matter how much they make vehicles look pretty with getting them detailed inside, out, and under the hood. I would check the oil before and after you test drive it. Look for stains if there was any past leakage from the head gaskets, oil, or any other areas. Just basically do a look through under the hood and listen to it while driving without the radio on. Listen to it shift and so on. Other than that, it seems like a pretty good deal with that low of miles.

Retailers in Omaha are pretty trustworthy, but I have always checked under the hood, and it has saved me time, and money by just popping the hood in the sales lot. Also check the frame and such to see if it was in a previous crash or any damage. Now days things aren't cheap with gas, and the economy.. So I'm careful with spending my money unless I know I can handle whats wrong with the vehicle and fix it without $$$ in labor in a shop to repair it.

Looks good, and basic cab and box. I'd go check it out for a test drive . I have a 99 Ranger myself and I get decent gas mileage with it. Good Luck!

----------

Also I did buy my 99 Ranger for $3,500. It did have 90,000 miles on it when I bought it. But you have to know what you are grabbing and what is wrong with it or what isn't wrong. Might just get a great deal on a perfect almost new truck!